The Cottingham Tennis Club
The Cottingham Tennis Club
2019 EVENTS SCHEDULE
Mission Statement of Social Committee
“To provide meaningful Social Events to the CTC Membership at large that fosters an inclusive and friendly environment for the promotion of the great game of Tennis.”
1. CTC Official Club Opening RR & Barbecue Saturday May 11th: New Member Orientation 2:30pm, play from 3:00pm. In addition to a great afternoon of tennis, members will have the opportunity to meet the Club Staff and Tennis Pro – and learn about lessons, clinics and other Club initiatives. (Rain Date – Sunday May 12th note: Mother’s Day)
2. Ladies Doubles Round Robin Saturday June 8th: 3:00pm A great social afternoon of tennis and lunch. (Rain Date – Sunday June 9)
3. Summer Solstice Event: “Oldies but Goodies” Friday June 21st, 6:00pm Dress in your oxford whites and bring your vintage racquets!
4. Breakfast at Wimbledon: RR, Barbecue & Garden Party Sunday July 14th – Watch the finals on the “telly” at the Club – and participate in a Mixed Doubles Team Event – following the Wimbledon final. Approximately 11:30am event start time.
5. Cottingham Club Championships – Begins Friday August 2nd. Sign Up: begins Saturday July 20th and closes Monday July 29th. Draw to be posted at Club and on line on August 1st. More details to follow.
6. Cottingham House League – start date and details to follow.
Please note - events are subject to change.
2018 EVENTS SCHEDULE
MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW. Please keep an eye out for emails from the Club!
Saturday May 12 – CTC Official Club Opening, BBQ and Round Robin **New Member orientation starts at 11am**
Saturday May 26 - Spring Awakening. 11am - 1pm. Tea, coffee, Cottingham Punch and pastries served. An opportunity to donate plants to our gardens and green our space! Take a look at the Photo Album below!
Saturday June 9 - Ladies Doubles Round Robin. Sign up list on the bulletin board in the clubhouse; Play 12pm - 3pm, 3 courts. Come on down to the club and enjoy some great tennis! Food and refreshments provided.
Sunday July 1 – Canada Day Bash Sign up 11:30am; Round Robin from 12-3pm, 4 courts. BBQ and refreshments provided!
Saturday August 11 – Cottingham Mixed Doubles Team Event "Second Annual" – 11:30am sign in, play from 12-3pm, 4 courts. BBQ and refreshments provided. More details to follow, but sign up will be required in advance
Saturday September 16 - Club Tournament Finals Day.
Many thanks to the Social Committee for volunteering their time
A day to remember! Participants started to arrive at 9.15 and the last ones did not leave until late afternoon. We worked at serious weed removal, remarkable hole digging, scientific soil and fertilizer mixing, followed by planting and replanting of small and large shrubs and numerous plants. We also created a new long fence bed plus fresh garden edges that were carved along the north section. Much brush was also cut back.
Luncheon comprised sumptuous sandwiches, salads and desert. The food was brought by all, and there was more than enough for the illustrious army that was assembled. Here were 13 fine tennis players turned Garden Gurus for a few hours out of their busy lives and schedules.
A special Thank you to our resident garden expert, Dale Birkett, integral to our amazing team which comprises Mike Wilson, Lisa Fincato, Phyllis and Mark Earley, Susan Wallace, Chris Sawicki, Gini Baldwin, Virginia Spence, Patricia McElhinney, Patti Templeton, Henry Brenzel and Merla McMenomy. Shukie Halfon was unable to make this day but worked for us like a true Trojan, on all previous lead up days to this event.
Huge thanks for your collective pride, enthusiasm and vision!
Cottingham Tennis Club